At first glance, the categories are pretty overwhelming due to the fantastic array of protocols that Wireshark can decode for us. I certainly had to dig around a little the first time I looked through the list before I found the WiFi related categories.
I thought it might be useful to list the categories (that I have found so far!) that relate to WiFi traffic. Here is the list, together with a brief description of each one:
- 802.11MGT - IEEE 802.11 Wireless LAN management frame
- 802.11MGT - Radiotap - IEEE 802.11 Radiotap Capture Header
- IEEE 802.11 - IEEE 802.11 wireless LAN
- IEEE 802.11 Aggregate Data - IEEE 802.11 wireless LAN aggregate frames
- Wi-Fi P2P - Wi-Fi Peer-to-Peer